Silvertone 1478 Silhouette – Lord Guitars Rebuild
Full rebuilt Silvertone 1478 aka Harmony Silhouette. This guitar has been restored and modded to great playing condition and is ready for the stage or studio.
- Fretboard planed to fresh 12” radius and refretted with medium nickel silver fretwire, crowned and polished to a high gloss
- Hand carved bone nut, polished to high gloss
- Pickups wound in house, including a DeArmond Hershey Bar (neck, rewound) and Lord Guitars LG90 (bridge, Alnico 5 magnet P90)
- Electronics replaced with 250k CTS pots, Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack, and vintage GE .047 tone capacitor, all cloth covered wiring
- Handmade pickguard from recycled clipboard material
- Tuners replaced with Golden Age 6 in line tuners (like Gotoh minis with higher 18:1 ratio)
- Installed Allparts Rickenbacker style bridge (has removable cover not installed in photos) and Mojotone Jazzmaster style tremolo
- Installed metal strap buttons
- Set up with D’Addario 10s
- Price includes shipping to continental US, RoadRunner gig bag, certificate of authenticity/spec sheet, and a Lord Guitars sticker
This is a player’s guitar – it feels and sounds great but shows plenty of battle scars and cosmetic wear from 60 years of service – chips, scratches, a slightly lifting fretboard inlay or two. The neck is that chunky round comfortable profile common of Harmony made electrics. Just right. Check out photos and watch a demo on the Old Truck Guitars Youtube Channel.