In addition to my guitars I offer hand wound guitar pickups, restored vintage pickups, and rewinding services. Most of my pickups are variations on classic single coil designs.
All pickups are wound to customer specs; output, wire gauge, and magnet type are customizable. Options include P90s (bar or rod magnets), Tele style pickups, Strat style pickups, full size or mini humbuckers, and more. Depending on the availability of materials, I am happy to wind whatever you would like, and have done custom humbucker sized P90s, Tele bridge P90s, bar magnet blade Strat sized pickups, rod magnet P90s, and others.
When it comes to pickup repair I am most interested in various oddball vintage single coil designs. I have experience repairing many models of gold foil pickups (Teisco, Guyatone, DeArmond), DeArmond Hershey Bars, Kay Pancakes, and all sorts of vintage Japanese single coils (I am a big fan of Tiesco’s P90-like designs). Restored vintage pickups often find their way into my builds as well.
If you’d like to order pickups please contact me. Pricing starts at $75/coil. See below for examples of various Lord Guitar Pickups and demo videos.
Who’s using Lord Guitar Pickups? To name a few:
- Karge Guitars is one of my go-to collaborators and tone testers and has installed his fair share of LG pickups!
- Andrew Aghababian plays a few custom sets – rod magnet “AAA90s” in his Mystic as well as a Tele style set in one of his Karge Guitars
- Cody Nilsen and I have collaborated on a signature tele set, the Cococaster, voiced for versatile, slight-hotter-than-vintage tone. There are two still available from the first limited run on my Reverb store!
- Mike T. Kerr plays a custom Tele style set featuring a low wind humbucker-sized P90 in the neck position with a tele style bridge pickup, both with handmade pearloid covers
- Spiller Guitars just installed his first few LG tele pickups
- J.Parsons Guitars is cooking up a few builds using custom LG Duo Sonic spec pickups
- Old Truck Guitars sends me all sorts of weirdo dead pickups that I restore for their various rebuilds